Additional drivers: 32bit and 64bit drivers
Based on this script: http://tinyurl.com/7jbzxbz
Here's a (French) instruction on how to flash the tablet plus how to apply the market fix: French instructions
Thank you so much for that :-)
Unfortunately the script did not work as it is, I had to make some changes to it. Problem was, the original script pushed a new build.prob on the device that the Vi40 can't handle, it was stuck in a "boot loop".
I removed the build.prob pushing part and tried to reduce the amount of pushed apps to a minimum. All that wasn't enough, apparently some of the pushed apps were not compatible with the Onada, I kept getting a constant error message popping up, VERY annoying :-(
So, I figured, I'd use some of the apps from a Cube U9GT2 tablet and that actually did the job :-)
UPDATE 01.27.2012 Instructions written by Francis:
Market fix instructions:
1) Download the Market fix script from here: (CLICK)
2) Decompress the loaded compressed folder. Make sure you have a decompression tool such as Winzip, Winrar or any other. Right click on the folder and select Unzip here / Decompress here / Extract here.
3) Look in the decompressed folder (vi40FullMarketFix) for the Readme (please read carefully and comply…).
4) Connect your tablet to your computer through USB
5) Start the script (the batch command) by clicking twice on the fullmarket.
6) A window command window will appear (please also check ColonelZap video) and press any character to start and complete the update process.
7) If during the execution, you get a ‘device not found’ error, it most probably means that you’ve got the wrong driver (the one in the OndaVi40Marketfix are 32bits only). I would advise you to desinstall the drivers that have been installed (BTW, I am not sure this is needed, try first without desinstalling) and load the right ones from here: (CLICK)
8) Then restart the script.