1) First and before all, check in the settings / developer options that the USB debugging mode is set. Whilst you are in the settings, look where (which menu item) you can change the language as after you installed the 4.0.3 everything and I mean EVERYTHING will be in Chinese.
2) Identify in the Serial Number, at the back of the Tablet, whether you have a v1 or v3, important to decide which image version you need (next step).
3) Download from the Onda site (CLICK) the Livesuit (loader and flasher) which contains the img and the drivers. Select the right button depending on the table version (v1 or v3). The image is correct but the drivers and the Livesuit version aren’t (well, they weren’t for me) that’s why we will download another Livesuit in step -6-
4) Decompress the Livesuit folder you loaded in -3- with a decompression tool such as WINZIP, WINRAR or anything else. If you have a decompression tool, select the Decompress (unzip) here option (right click on the folder).
5) Identify where the image file is (.img) and remove the Chinese characters from its name (as the other Livesuit we download in -6- will not upload the file with these characters…..).
6) Now you have the right ICS image on your PC. We now need to download the right Livesuit and drivers, you’ll find them here: (CLICK)
7) Decompress the Livesuit downloaded in -6-
8) Launch the Livesuit downloaded in -6- but then select in Livesuit the img (the one you removed the Chinese characters from in its name) you downloaded in -3-
For the following, check also ColonelZap video.
10) Press the Middle button (the menu key)
11) Connect your tablet to the PC
12) Whilst pressing the middle button, press several times the power button of your table. That should trigger the installation of the driver and initiate the flashing. Several windows will pop-up, just continue the process (don’t abort it, answer yes or continue to all).
13) That’s it. When finished (it goes pretty fast), power on the tablet and select the language (you’ll get several windows in chinese popping-up, answer anything to be able to access quickly the settings and change the language).
Again, credit goes to Francis. Thanks :-)