Sunday, August 24, 2014

iOcean X8 Mini Review Test - MT6582 Quad-Core - dual sim - merimobiles - colonelzap

Phone available here: Merimobiles.com


unboxing video:

review video: 

















Camera test pictures:

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6
Pic 7
Pic 8
Pic 9
Pic 10

Specs:

5" inch capacitive 5-Point Multi Touch Screen

Display 720x1280 pixel resolution - HD Display

IPS-Display, OGS (?)

MTK6582 Quad-Core CPU @ 1.3GHz

GPU: Mali 400MP

Android 4.4.2 KitKat

1GB RAM / 32GB of internal memory

Quadband, unlocked, 3G / UMTS / HSDPA+ / WCDMA

Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, g-sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, gyroscope Sensor, magnetic field sensor (compass), notification LED

OTG - USB on the go

OTA - Firmware updates over the air

Off screen gestures (smart wake etc.)

Main camera: 13 MP output (8MP real?), autofocus, LED flash,F2.2

Front camera: 5 MP output (2MP real?), F2.8

Dual Sim - Dual Standby (micro and nano sim card)

UPDATE:

I just flashed a new firmware: CLICK 

now the memory structure looks a lot better :-)

18 comments:

  1. Hi,
    how can I modify the memory structure?
    Clicking on the link you posted on update, I go to the rom repository on needrom.com and find the original rom.
    Can you post a small how-to to get that result?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :-)
      I used the firmware from needrom but I think there is an easier way. Check out the download and instruction on the official site:

      http://www.iocean.cc/Service.html

      Good luck :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks a lot for the quick answer!
    Did you flash the needrom firmware as it was?
    I'll check the instructions you gave me...
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. USUALLY one should NOT flash the preloader part of the firmware but in this case I had to, otherwise the flashing wouldn't work. I recommend to try the update via SD-card like iOcean suggests, it's "safer" than using a flashing software.

      Delete
    2. ''I recommend to try the update via SD-card like iOcean suggests, it's "safer" than using a flashing software.''
      Where did you find this, I am looking at their website and can't find the instruction.
      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Are you try to root? any success?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I flashed the new firmware I noticed that it was rooted already. I just uploaded to additional screenshots, check it out :-)

      Delete
    2. So ROM from needrom is prerooted? Because ROM from Iocean.cc isn't.

      (Root Genious, Vroot and framaroot not working on Iocean X8mini)

      Delete
    3. Correction. Official ROM i also Rooted. I just check the same options as CZ and voila my phone is rooted.

      Thanks CZ.

      Delete
    4. Firmware (1gb->4gb storage) disappier from official site !

      Delete
  4. how do you find the wifi performance? Mine is really bad, almost disconnected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello colonel. I just ordered one from merimobile without root and playestore. Do you know how I can root it myself and install playstore? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :-) No playstore on yours?!? That's odd!!! Installing the play store and ALL the google apps you need to get it to work is probably a lot of work and guessing, if I were you, I'd flash the latest firmware on it, I have a link in my original post. Good luck :-)

      Delete
  6. The camera samples have some weird discolouration. Is this common for this phone? The centre of the image seems to have a red tinge and the upper left a greenish tinge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this phone, and on some photos it is more visible and some are ok.

      Delete
  7. there is a way to increase memory on this phone ?? only 4 gigs of 32 for apps? or there is a way to get my apps on phone storage instead internal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4GB of internal storage is a LOT!! Most phones only have 1 to 2.5 GB of internal storage. Maybe you can tray apps like "apps2sd" to move some apps to the phone storage but I really don't know if that will work.

      Delete